No print button in PAN OS 4.0.x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No print button in PAN OS 4.0.x

L0 Member

Hi all,

I have upgrade PAN-OS in v4.0.2-3, and I have no print button in ACC and Monitor (I have tested with IE8, FFox 3.6.18 & Chrome).

You have an idea ?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

L3 Networker

Hello,

The ACC print functionality has been removed as of v4.0.x. (though still available on previous PanOS releases v3.1.x)

Regards,
Bryan

ok thanks. but why ?

In what release will this functionality be restored?

Palo Alto Networks Guru

We do not have a planned release date for this function.  However, here is a work around tool that will allow you to get  a print screen of the entire ACC in one image.  This will allow for printable image.  http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=775

~Jamie

How about for a Mac? Very disapointed in Palo Alto for not including a print or PDF function here. We had several processes in place where we printed the ACC to PDF using PDF Creator or other PDF printer drivers. I don't like hearing from admins that don't like looking for information on PA firewalls anymore because they are no longer easy to use.

Yeah a "Create PDF" would be a better option that a print button in my opinion.

Edit: A workaround might be to use some addon for firefox to capture the while rendering and save into a png and/or pdf. But I have not yet found such addon that doesnt include uploadfunctions.

If you check out the top right hand corner of this very forum, that should give some ideas on what were looking for.

We need to escalate things that we discover by country as well.  Some of this data is not present in the log databases, or filtering is not available.

The ACC contains a superset of information that can only be filtered from there.  Such as Traffic from Spain, over RDP to internal servers and the threats associated.  We need to print to PDF and emailing the PDF directly from the console and saving queries would be really great.  Scheduling and automatic email pretty good as well.

Also the grouping in the reports for primary and secondary sort was removed.  Any reason why?

L2 Linker

Running 5.0.4 and still no print button in ACC.  Definitely a needed feature.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!