Not-Applicable, Incomplete, Insufficient Data in the Application Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not-Applicable, Incomplete, Insufficient Data in the Application Field

L0 Member

We're having issues with regards to VOIP on a Shoretel system.  We have a Site2Site connection back to our HQ office and our phone system is down.  When I take a look at the logs, I see Insufficient data and imcomplete in the application field.  Can someone point me in the correct direction and solution?

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

In my experience this is due to a routing issue. What the firewall is saying is that there were not enough packets for it to determine what it actually was.

Regards,

Thanks, 

where do I go from here?

@jaimegarcia714 ,

Verify that you can actually route to the system (ICMP, MGMT access, something) to see if you are even reaching the system and receiving return traffic. This could also be verified by looking at the detailed log view in the bytes sent, bytes received field. Also, might be a good idea to verify that your tunnel is actually up if it was working previously and just stopped. 

L0 Member

I'm also having Connectivity issues with Shoretel system.  I have a hybrid network some sites are IPSec site 2 site connection back to our Data Center (Hub and Spoke) and some are MPLS.  Is there a best practice or standard when setting up Palo Alto's with Shoretel systems?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

As mentioned please check the routing both ways?

USe the test routing command from cli.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

What specific issues are you having?  Do you run into 1-way audio at all or will VOIP not pass period?

At times we would receive 116 error messages than see a bunch of red N squares in the Connectivity Map.  No problems with one way audio.  But want to see if there is a best practice I can reference from.  

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!