Not Receiving Scheduled Reports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not Receiving Scheduled Reports

L4 Transporter

Kind stumped on this one. I have some scheduled reports I'm not receiving. I was getting them on a daily basis as configured in the email scheduler but they just stopped one day and no changes to the firewall were made. I've created a report group, an email scheduler, and email server profiles. Under the email scheduler, I've sent myself a test email and I receive it in seconds. I've also checked our email filter, and they are getting caught there.rep Not sure what I am missing. Anybody else run into this before that could possibly shed some light on the situation?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

We were able to resolve the issue today.

The issue was related to custom logos created. As per the admin guide, if the logo image is larger than 125KB or if the image files contain any alpha channel then the PDF reports will not be generated. On logging into root mode of FW and manually generating the reports, we were able to see this error when the generated report was converting from xml to pdf format before sending email.

On deleting the PDF report footer under custom logos(under Device---> Operations --> Miscellaneous) we were able to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Excerpt from the Release Notes of OS-4.1.10

46655 – Jobs were getting stuck in the pending state when batches of scheduled reports

were suspended without successfully resuming.

If the firewall is running OS version prior to OS-4.1.10,upgrading should fix this issue.

Regards,

Ameya

Thanks for the response. I'm currently running 4.1.10, so this issue should be fixed in this version correct?

Based on some additional inputs I have received ,this might be a  new issue.Please open a case a support, so that this could be fixed.

Thanks,

Ameya

anyone know if this issue has been fixed?

Thanks,

Cora

I currently have a case opened with support. It's been open for quite some time now with no resolution. I have a PA-200 that is emailing me reports just fine, however. I am completely stumped and it seems like Palo Alto is too.

I should also add that I have upgraded my firewall from 4.1.10 to 5.0.3 since I made this post and opened a case with support, which did not resolve the issue either.

L2 Linker

We were able to resolve the issue today.

The issue was related to custom logos created. As per the admin guide, if the logo image is larger than 125KB or if the image files contain any alpha channel then the PDF reports will not be generated. On logging into root mode of FW and manually generating the reports, we were able to see this error when the generated report was converting from xml to pdf format before sending email.

On deleting the PDF report footer under custom logos(under Device---> Operations --> Miscellaneous) we were able to fix the issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!