PA-200 and PANOS Version 8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-200 and PANOS Version 8

L2 Linker

Hello everyone, 

A few days ago I was testing version 8 with a few PA-200s that we have in our lab, tested new features mostly with user credential Submission.  I found that the performance of the devices were impacted (Data Plane CPU was around 70%-95%) only having one or two devices connected to it, is there any advise of using version 8.0.x for these specifics firewall models, or do I stay in version 7.1 ? any advise would be most appreciate. 

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

We did some test  on PA200 too but no issue with high CPU load.

Keep in mind the feature "credential submition" can be intensive for appliances. Need lot of request with special USer agent need to analyse all traffic ...

Then at the end, maybe not good idea to use new high load feature on neither PA200 nor PA500 🙂

But V8 on both of them is ok with "standard" featrure.

Hope help.

V.

Yes, that's what I think, also adding SSL decryption would add more CPU impact.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@oscaringosv,

Honestly I would avoid using the user credential submission on both the PA-200 and the PA-500 because of the stress that it actually puts on the system. Keep in mind that this is also dependent on the amount of traffic you were processing and could very depending on how you are actually responding to it. I would only recommend using the credential submission on the traffic that you actually care about if you are inclined to use it on the PA-200 or PA-500. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!