PA-200 Not Showing "Source User" in Monitor logs. Any Ideas?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-200 Not Showing "Source User" in Monitor logs. Any Ideas?

L1 Bithead

Software Version:  7.1.2

User ID Agent:  7.0.4-5

After upgrading the PA and the UIA, the monitor logs are not showing "Source Users".  I've also looked in the  Reports section and it's not showing up there either.

I've also tried to re-configure the Group Mappings again, but no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appeciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

We had an issue with our LDAP servers not pulling in updates to groups that was causing issues. The solution turned out being deleting the connections and readding them; after that everything has been workign perfectly. Not sure if you have tried doing so yet?

I believe I did try that as well, but I went ahead and did that again just to make sure.  Same results; still not showing Source User.

Hi...Are you seeing any userID entries when you issue CLI command 'show user ip-user-mapping all'?  If no entries, then the issue is between the agent and the PA.  Otherwise, we would need to check the PA - itsconfig, display option of monitor, etc.

ok, I ran that show user ip-user-mapping all" command and it showed 23 users.  So I'm guessing the connection is good...

The PA is getting UserID info, that's good.    Can you check:

1 - the security zone(s) and make sure the zone for the internal network (where users live) have UserID option enabled.  

2 - Make sure the source user column is active

Thanks,

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!