PA-220 OID CPU Data Plane Usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

PA-220 OID CPU Data Plane Usage

L1 Bithead

I´m working with PRTG to monitor our network devices specially Firewalls, for PA-220 I want to monitor and set notifications for the Data Plane CPU usage I can get the OID for the CPU usage, but it´s not the same as the one I want. Does someone know about this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@${userLoginName},

Not exactly sure what you mean that you can find the OID for CPU utilization but not the right one? The PA-220 has a shared architecture, unlike the rest of the larger platforms.  I believe what you're likely running into is that you're checking 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2 which will return two values, whereas if you just want dataplane you'd want to look at 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.2. 

I'd caution that the PA-220 only has a single CPU, so I'm not personally sure how it'll represent itself via SNMP. You'd be better off in my book using 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2 and looking at both values if it's going to split it, because you don't have a dedicated CPU for each on the PA-220

L1 Bithead

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. The thing is that I was already aware of that OID, but it didn´t match with the Dashboard system resources info being displayed. The management plane CPU usage match with the one being displayed at the Dashboard, using OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1. Look at the attached image please.

L1 Bithead

Forgot to mention that I added the FW to PRTG with recommended sensors template and it adds a CPU sensor. Seems that it´s showing it as a Dual core, and the info for processor 2 matches with OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.2.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!