PA-220 /PAN OS 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-220 /PAN OS 10

L3 Networker

Does anyone know if the these pa-220 issues with pan os 10.x are planned to be addressed?

Upgrading a PA-220 firewall takes up to an hour or more.

PA-220 firewalls are experiencing slower web interface and CLI performance times.

Also, is the Palo recommendation to keep PA-220's on 9.x?  I've been holding off going to 10.x for all my models due to this

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@securehops,

I highly doubt you'll see any massive improvements on either of those fronts. The PA-220s simply aren't that powerful of hardware; hardware limitations are starting to show as the platform ages and certain actions simply take longer. Actual network traffic performance however is perfectly fine. 

The PA-400 series has kind of been the natural replacement for PA-220 purchases currently. I'm sure PAN will at some point actually upgrade the PA-220 with a true 4th-gen successor, or alternatively officially name the 410 as its replacement. 

@BPry 

This is what I figured, but we did buy a lot of PA-220's right before PA-400 was announced.  It's a little disappointing.

That being said, would you recommend keeping those on 9.1.x?  We typically like to keep all our models consistent, but I'd prefer to get the higher models on a later version

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!