PA-220 WAN link "not configured but up"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-220 WAN link "not configured but up"

L0 Member

Hello,

I need to add a fiber internet line on a PA-220 router but I have an error message:

: Not configured but up

Link speed: 100 Mbps

Link Duplex: halfpaloalto.jpg

The physical link, the IP configuration and the fiber box are OK

I suspect the "HALF" setting should be "FULL".

If I configure the link "full", it comes back "half" when I reconnect the fiber box...

Thank for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Looks like the auto negociation between the devices is not working.  When you set the duplex to full also remove auto and set the speed to 100 so that the auto feature does not kick in.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thank you for your answer but it does not work. Do I have to restart the router?paloaltosuite.jpg

Those changes should become active when you commit the configuration, a reboot should not be needed.

Hello,

Set all the settings to 'auto' and then perform a commit. The interface should then no longer have the mismatch. If you still have a duplex error, contact the ISP and check to see what they have their interface set to. 

In my experience a duplex mismatch usually occurs when one side has their settings hardset and the other is set to auto. If both sides match, i.e. auto auto, they should negotiate correctly.

Regards,

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!