PA-3220 HA-2 Port Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-3220 HA-2 Port Configuration

L0 Member

I have purchased a pair of PA-3220 to run as internet gateway. I planned to configure active/passive for HA but I got the status that the HA-2 link is down and I found on website we need to use HSCI port as HA-2(Data Link). Unfortunately, I haven't purchase any cable or sfp module for HSCI. So, there are any option to configuer other port as as HA-2 link? If cannot, what is the impact if we don't have HA-2 link?

Thank for your value answer before hand.

Best regards,

Mano

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

HA2 syncs the session info so in case of a failover, sessions do not get dropped. I would change it to use a standard ethernet, rj45, port.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/81/pan-os/pan-os/high-availability/set-up-activepassi...

Do the new PAN's not come with dedicated HA1 and HA2 ports?

Hope that helps.

@OtakarKlier,

The only link that is utilized on *200 series out of the box that someone will see, until they create an additional HA interface, is hsci. That is the dedicated HA-2 link on the new gear. HA-1 will by default give you ha1-a, ha1-b, management, and the aux-1, and aux-2 if applicable on the box. 

Dear Otakar,

Thank for your answers. There are only HA-1 A and HA-2 B and HSCI are on the box. However I have no any module for HSCI. So, I would need to create another HA 2 (Datalink) on the ethernet port.

Its unfortunate that PAN doesnt include a cable for this and/or that your sales team didnt add it to the order.

Good Luck!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!