cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

PA-440 with partial working GUI (PAN-OS 11.1

L0 Member

Hey all,

I've got 2 PA-440s at a customer in an Active-Passive HA Cluster. These firewalls have replaced the older PA-220s that were previously present. Traffic and everything flows as intended and all of the firewall rules are also working as intended.

The issue that I'm running into is that part of the GUI works. The first 3 tabs (Dashboard, ACC and Monitoring) load perfectly fine, but the last tabs (policies, objects, network, device) refuse to load.

I've already tried doing a full reboot on the firewalls, as well as restarting the management service in the CLI  using the command listed below.

debug software restart process management-server   

I have also checked if the management server is running using the following command, and the result was that it was running. 

show system software status | match mgmtsrvr

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this issue? There's also no pending jobs or anything like that hanging in the firewall.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Have you tried other browsers by chance incase its something on that end? I know when 11.0 first released it was pretty unstable on the 440s specifically. Is there anything you need to gain from the 11.0 code train? 10.2 doesnt go end of life for a year longer than 11.0 Ive got a handful of 440s running 10.2.x which has been working great for us. End-of-Life Summary - Palo Alto Networks

View solution in original post

I erroneously mentioned 11.0, I meant 11.1 

That said, I do think the browser might be the culprit here. For clarification, the firewalls are in an OT/Industrial environment and completely isolated from the internet. Same goes for the machines. The machine that was managing the firewall is running Chrome v83.0.4103.116 (God knows how old that build is.) 

I had a spare PA-440 lying around and did some experimenting with my laptop last night, loaded the config, flashed the firmware to 11.1 and on Chrome 120.0.6099.130 the WebGUI works without a hitch. I'm about to update the browser on the target machine and we'll see where that takes us.

EDIT: Confirmed on Target machine. Browser was indeed the issue. updating with the latest chrome offline installer resolved this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Have you tried other browsers by chance incase its something on that end? I know when 11.0 first released it was pretty unstable on the 440s specifically. Is there anything you need to gain from the 11.0 code train? 10.2 doesnt go end of life for a year longer than 11.0 Ive got a handful of 440s running 10.2.x which has been working great for us. End-of-Life Summary - Palo Alto Networks

I erroneously mentioned 11.0, I meant 11.1 

That said, I do think the browser might be the culprit here. For clarification, the firewalls are in an OT/Industrial environment and completely isolated from the internet. Same goes for the machines. The machine that was managing the firewall is running Chrome v83.0.4103.116 (God knows how old that build is.) 

I had a spare PA-440 lying around and did some experimenting with my laptop last night, loaded the config, flashed the firmware to 11.1 and on Chrome 120.0.6099.130 the WebGUI works without a hitch. I'm about to update the browser on the target machine and we'll see where that takes us.

EDIT: Confirmed on Target machine. Browser was indeed the issue. updating with the latest chrome offline installer resolved this.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!