PA 5000 Series QoS performance.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA 5000 Series QoS performance.

L3 Networker

Hi there.

I have a question regarding of QoS performance of PA 5000 Series.

As my know, PA-4000 Series performance is up to 2G when using QoS.

how is the performance about PA5000 series??

does it has  same performance with PA 4000 series??

is it also support up to 2G when using QoS enable?

Please let me know.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

I guess the question is, how much QoS throughput do you need?

While I don't have any test data, you can expect it should be higher than PA-4000 series.  Similar to the PA-4000, there is dedicated processing for QoS, but on the PA-5000 that QoS engine has moved from network processor to an internal switch fabric.  In the PA-5060 this QoS engine can push 20Gbps (twenty), matching the security processor (firewall) throughput rating.  I don't know the specifics on the PA-5050 or PA-5020, but firewall throughput ratings here are 10Gbps and 5Gbps, so you definitely won't be able to push more than that.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!