PA-820 Time Reverts to 2000

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-820 Time Reverts to 2000

L0 Member

I have PA 820s deployed at remote sites with IPSec tunnels configured on them. When a power outage happens, either through a requested shutdown or not, the time resets back to Jan 1, 2000 on some of them and the initial commit fails. This causes the device to only be accessible via the mgmt interface. When looking at the logs, the reason the commit fails is because the cert used for the IPsec tunnel is not considered valid because the effective date is now in the future (I assume). Has anyone encountered this issue of the time resetting after a power loss? Also, these devices are in FIPS mode. Thanks for any insight.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JaysonHaxton,

I haven't encountered this issue on any of our devices that run in FIPS, but I don't have any 820s in particular that fall into that group. I would definitely open up a TAC case the next time you run into this though so they can take a look at it, as your time shouldn't be resetting like that just because of a power failure. 

@BPry One of the reasons I was given by another person that was in my group was that the CMOS battery could be bad.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!