PA and ASA n route mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA and ASA n route mode

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I have the below topology  

PA and  ASA are in routed mode . 

The first question is the design is valid? 

I am facing a problem in this design 

ASA says the secondary is failed  ,primary asa says the secondary and dmz zone interface failed 

pa-cisco.jpg

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi,

As per diagram you can still optimize your design with full redundancy towards ISP(CE) side via the layer-2 switch and configure the route or path monitor and provide routing redundancy with static and also firewall redundancy with PAN firewall.

as per given info here how you are doing secondary and DMZ failover. 

As per understand I can say that if you are monitoring inside /DMZ links then if anyone link fails from primary PA firewall to ASA then you can shift traffic to the secondary firewall (PAN) and secondary ASA.

Best Regards,

Suresh

Sureshreddymudhireddy

L4 Transporter

ASA interfaces that communicate for failover need to be on the same L2 segment. ASA also needs a failover interface.

Unless you've left some things out of the drawing, I wouldn't expect this to work. Consider putting some L2 devices between the layers.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!