PA and icap?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA and icap?

L0 Member

Hello world,

is there a chance/way of talking icap between my squid and the PA?

Thanks a lot

Marcus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

amansour is correct - since we are not a proxy nor do we intend to be one, we will not support ICAP. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

L3 Networker

No, but can you solve whatever you want to do with PBF? Tell us more!

yeah I need to setup an ICAP server to SQUID as well,  did PBF do this for you? Could you send block pages from PA directly?

Any updates.  We have a number of customers that run 3rd party DLP and want to eliminate their proxy and ICAP, if we can do policy based forwarding or receive messages like ICAP we can send the pages from PA, which would truly make this a proxy replacement.

2 years later and this is still on my wishlist. Working with a solution like RSA DLP is impossible with a Palo Alto. It's a huge problem in helping customers build a comprehensive DLP strategy. The PA built in DLP doesn't do enough and the solution of "just block Dropbox and Gmail Send" isn't really an option for most customers.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!