Palo Alto hardware without license limits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto hardware without license limits

L2 Linker

Yes, I already know without license i don't get the following but i want know about like VPN, firewall rules and etc.. limits

1. Security profiles (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, URL Filtering, Wildfire) will not work

2. Clientless GlobalProtect, HIP will not work

3. All the updates will not work (software and dynamic)

I know the virtual firewall limits the firewall function but I was wondering if i buy the physical hardware does it limit the firewall function?
Firewall throughput, firewall rules, site to site VPN, VRF and etc... 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Yes, the hardware should be sized with throughput in mind. Personally even if I dont plan on enabling all the features, i use the smallest number as my baseline. This way there is room for growth and if you implement the features down the road, you should have the hardware to support it.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jameslee20,

As long as you're talking about a physical hardware appliance instead of a virtual appliance, there is no artificial limit placed on throughput or anything like that simply because it isn't licensed. You'll have access to the full platform limit capabilities of the hardware that you purchase outside of the licensed software features that you listed. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!