Palo Alto Home Server Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Home Server Network

L1 Bithead

I currently have a family property that consists of 3 adjoining properties and structures, we retain a private home server network and are looking to protect it utilizing Palo Alto Virtual Appliance, but are being told in order to do so we must be a corporate entity to obtain PA-VM licensing, does anyone have any advice on this matter or an alternative to using Palo Alto.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@boernerj,

I'm not really going to name alternatives, but there are VARs that will work with you to allow you to purchase licensing. Are you in the United States or another country? 

@BPry 

I live it the U.S. and I quite honestly do not want an alternate but if that is what I have to do because I can't go through Palo Alto then I unfortunately would. I have worked very extensively in my career with Palo Alto's Virtual Appliances and by far feel they are one of in not the most advanced firewalls out there on the market with nearly limitless possibilities for customization. Palo Alto would be the best option for our network needs and development hands down. If you know how I can go about this it would be greatly appreciated, my biggest concern though is I intend to take full advantage of the features of Palo Alto, I am not really looking for a "lab" version with limited features. Again thank you for your help and reaching out to me.

Hello,

If the company you work for is a Palo Alto customer, then you can purchase a LAB license ;).

Hope that helps.

@OtakarKlier

I don't believe that is really an option as I work for the government.. pretty sure it would be considered fraud using government resources for personal use.

Hello,

You might want to look into it since your not using gov resources. You are paying your own money for the product to use at home. Check with your sales team and your security dept. As a gov contractor, we are allow as long as we pay our own money for the product.

Regards,

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!