Palo Alto Temperature Readings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Temperature Readings

L0 Member

There are three temperature readings for Palo Alto PA-220 when I pull them using SNMP to our Cacti server -

----Thermal----
S1 Temperature @ U48 False 
S1 Temperature @ U49 False 
S1 Temperature @ Cavium Core 

I researched that Cavium Core is the main processor for the CPU of data management plane, but what is U48 and U49?

Should I worry about those?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@kristieson,

While I can't tell you where exactly U48 or U49 are measured from on the PA-220, they do alarm if they get above 60. I would treat them exactly the same as you would the Cavium CPU temp. I'm not exactly sure why PAN doesn't use more descriptive names, as I have to imagine that one accounts to the front and one to the back. 

As you move past the PA-220 platform these descriptions actually make drastically more sense and are actually descriptive as to where it's being taken. For whatever reason, that's just not the case on the PA-220s. 

The U48 and U49 has it's own temperature reading though. Should I just look at Cavium temperature readings and not worry about those two then? I could not find out what they mean on the Internet. Do you think they are just basically there as an alarm when the temperature passes the threshold, it sends an alert, rather than an actually CPU reading?

Thanks!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!