cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PaloAlto License Expired and Dynamic Updates

L3 Networker

Hello.

The Palo Alto license has expired.

I want to proceed with the dynamic update, but it's failing.

qmso475_0-1695109227448.png

qmso475_1-1695109312848.png

Is there any way to proceed with dynamic updates while the license is expired?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @qmso475

without license you will not be able to download dynamic updates. The only way around it is to upload updates manually: How to Manually Install Antivirus, Content, and WildFire Updates on the Firewall. This should be temporary solution until you get this Firewall licensed again.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@qmso475,

Just want to toss out that I'm pretty sure that later PAN-OS versions don't allow the manual update method that @PavelK mentioned like the old versions did. Fairly certain that "workaround" for unlicensed boxes was closed and no longer functions like it used to; so you'll only have access to application updates. 

@PavelK 

qmso475_0-1695170001369.png

I'm trying the way I told you, but I'm failing.

Is there any solution?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @qmso475

BPry is right, with all currently supported PAN-OS versions it is not possible to apply threat updates without valid subscription. Documentation for reference: What Happens When Licenses Expire?. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any solution than renew the subscription.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!