PAN Hardware & PAN-OS ver. for ACE and PCNSE Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN Hardware & PAN-OS ver. for ACE and PCNSE Certification

L0 Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to study for and pass PAN Accredited Configuration Engineer certification and perhaps PCNSE down the road but would like to know what PAN hardware & PAN-OS version software I should get my hands on to help me out.

To give some background, I hold CCNA R&S and CCNA Sec and I don't know what ACE and PCNSE would be equivalent to in the PAN world. I'd like to start by working towards the equivalent of CCENT or CCNA R&S and if that is ACE, than that's what I'd like to pursue at this time.

I'd like to get my hands on some PAN hardware from eBay but wouldn't want to get something that's simply out-dated. I'm enrolled in Palo Alto Firewall Essentials PAN 8 EDU 210 and that's great. I've got access to NetLab and I believe that it has the latest PAN hardware and PAN-OS software there but I want to actually get my hands on starter gear and learn the basics you can't learn in the virtual world.

Please let me know your PAN hardware & software recommenedations for ACE and/or PCNSE certification studies.

Thank you,

Jason M. Madruga

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Each ACE exam is tied to the PanOS major version and gets opened with the full dot 1 release.  I don't believe you can take the older exams only the active version which is currently 8.1.  So to keep this up you take the test for as each major release progresses.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/education/ace

The ACE and PSE exams are available with free training online at the education site to prepare for them. Sign up for an account here.

https://paloaltonetworks.csod.com/LMS/catalog/Welcome.aspx

You don't need to be concerned about hardware platforms for the PAN tests.  The questions are focused on NGFW feature usage and really don't vary across the platforms.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!