Start Network Security Basic to Advance || Firewalls Theory, Labs & Practical Project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Start Network Security Basic to Advance || Firewalls Theory, Labs & Practical Project

L1 Bithead

From Where to start Network Security Basic to Advance || Palo Alto Firewall

As mostly IP Network/IT system Engineer confused that from where to start Network & Cyber Security concepts & practical Hands-on experience, in this article I will explain & clarify all the below queries

·   Basic theoretical Network security concepts

·   Which vendor is best for your future career

·   Prerequisite

·   Top Firewall in the market

We all know that security is the always demanded domain in the IT & Telecom sector. the theoretical concept is the same in all vendors like Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, Huawei, checkpoint & juniper etc. But the important thing is choosing the vendor which is demandable & getting a high paid job in the market. Associate level knowledge of Networking is the prerequisite for this. In this post, I will focus on Palo Alto Firewall & share links of official basic to advance level books provided by the Vendor.

Palo Alto is the top firewall security product in the industry & obviously demandable in a customer perspective & easy to find a job if you have the skill of Palo Alto Firewall.

Same like other vendors Palo Alto Firewall also providing different Certification tracks

Palo Alto Certifications:

ReadTech_0-1686669048151.png

·  Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Entry Level Technician (PCCET)

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)

·   Prisma Certified Cloud Security Engineer (PCCSE)

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Automation Engineer(PCSAE)

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Detection and Remediation Analyst(PCDRA)

As during my preparation for PCNSE Certifications, I will share my experience regrading the theoretical & LABs of Palo Alto firewall to guide & save your time. If you want to learn the basic conceptual understanding of Security & Next Generation Firewall definitely, I will recommend the official Books of a vendor. as learning from official content is not from the one time reading at least you must read two times each topic.

Below are the official security book links

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Entry-level Technician (PCCET) - Palo Alto Networks

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA) - Palo Alto Networks

·   Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) - Palo Alto Networks

Click on the download button below & get your required document

ReadTech_2-1686669192001.png

Start learning now for theoretical concepts & share your valuable experience, in the list of top firewalls I already mentioned that Palo Alto is in the top of the market.

If you are interested to learn about Network Security Basic to Advance & Palo Alto theory, certification & LAB implementation from entry to advanced level, follow my next posts.

ReadTech_3-1686669233957.png

In the next few posts, I will also explain Firewall types, Zone types & about VPN, etc as below.

Implement IP Network & Security knowledge in Cloud.

https://www.readteknology.com/
2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Thanks for sharing @ReadTech ! Eve-ng is a very powerful platform for labbing. If you could include some tips for our community in setting up labs, that would be very valuable. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

@JayGolf  Thank you! Yes EVE-NG is the best platform for multi-vendor scenarios, Sure I am working on it and will share a complete step-by-step method for setup EVE-NG & Basic Labs as well.

Implement IP Network & Security knowledge in Cloud.

https://www.readteknology.com/
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!