PAN-OS Ver 4.0.5. What version should I update to?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS Ver 4.0.5. What version should I update to?

Not applicable

My PA-500 is currently running on PAN-OS ver 4.0.5.

What is the recommended version i should update to?

4.1.16 or 5.1.11 or 6.0.0?

Thanks and regards.

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Recommended and a stable release is 5.0.9. ( PAN recomended).

For 5.0.10 and 5.0.11- Limited info from field at this time. Appears to be a stable release. No major issues reported at this time

Thanks

Except for the security advisory which came out yesterday recommending upgrade to 5.0.10 or better to fix both a management API key bypass issue and a cross site scripting vulnerability.

The advisory that came out yesterday or the one that came out weeks ago? Are we thinking of the same vulnerability?

ericgearhart wrote:

The advisory that came out yesterday or the one that came out weeks ago? Are we thinking of the same vulnerability?

ericgearhart, I got two vulnerabilities the day before I posted my original reply - one of which *looked* like it was a duplicate of an earlier CSS vulnerability, the other of which referred to a management API key bypass. Both stated the vulnerability was present up to 5.0.9.

darren.g I was referring to the vulnerability that showed up on Packet Storm weeks ago:

PA's security advisory stance needs fixing. PANOS less that 5.0.9 contains XSRF and I just happened ...

ericgearhart - I didn't see that one, and the original advisory on packet storm appears to have been amended to indicate this was fixed on 5.0.9.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!