PanGP- Connection verification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PanGP- Connection verification

Not applicable

Hey guys,

Anyone has had this issue with GP?

The PanGP virtual NIC is making a "connection verification" for "ages" and nothing happens.

I have made a workaround to solve this problem but would like to know what is the reason for it.

Of 100 clients, I have about 20 having this problem.

We aren t using any Proxy.

//Ron

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

It is suggested to disable av/windows firewall during the virtual adapter installation.

Are you having this issue on all platforms or win 7?

Also make sure to use latest client to avoid running into any bugs

https://downloads.paloaltonetworks.com/software/GlobalProtect-1.2.6-RN-revA.pdf?__gda__=1381405336_d...

• 52667—Fixed an intermittent connection failure between the GlobalProtect agent (on

the computer) and the gateway due to an issue with the agent not setting the correct

routes on the computer. To restore the connection, the computer had to be rebooted.

L3 Networker

Also, what was the workaround you performed to get it working?

The solution as much as the problem lacked of sense and logic. What I did was to copy a Palo-Alto registry key (LM-reg) from a clean computer and import it into a computer with the issue, restart and then it worked.

I first thought that there was a problem with the "prelogon" but it wasn t.

/Ron

It sounds like something got corrupted in the agent itself if a clean registry key resolved the issue.  This was a first time attempt from these systems or were the clients previously working?

Also, did you use that workaround to resolve all of the systems?  If one is still not functioning it might be useful to start a support ticket.

Regards,

Kaleb

I opened a support ticket with our partner (Radpoint) but they were unable to solve the issue.

This is something occuring once for 20 computers, which makes it a head spinner.

//Ron

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!