Panorama 8.0.2 - Buggy???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama 8.0.2 - Buggy???

L2 Linker

We have multiple models of FW hardware running primarliy 7.1.9 and it seems like since upgrading to Panorama 8.0.2 from Panorama 7.1.9 that it is almost painful to make changes. It seems everytime we push to devices something fails. Today specifically we push some changes and it says "failed" look in the log and it says synchonization failed but then you go to the firewalls and they are pefectly synced and all of the changes are there. From my tracking so far it seems like most of the issues come when pushing template changes along with device group changes it is like crash bang boom 🙂 We would roll back however we converted to Panorama mode from Legacy (lost nearly 1TB of logs) and have new 220's and 800's that require the 8.X code so with pretty much have to suffer.

We have always had very good luck with Panorama upgrades but so far with 8.X is seems like they could have used more BETA testing or something. Anyone else frustrated?

Oh I almost forgot the whole config locks thing. Not sure if is by design or a bug but if you commit all changes then config locks automatically release like they are supposed to. If you commit only your changes then the lock stays on and you have to manually unlock it after you are done. Not really sure what the thought process is there???

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead
I would not run any release that does not end in at ".7" or higher in production. Support told me ".6"
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!