Panorama doubts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama doubts.

L1 Bithead

It is possible to edit a rule placed on the firewall through the panorama, because I can not edit rules coming panorama, directly on the firewall.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

If Panorama fails, then you can disable Panorama Policy and Objects Under Device > Setup > Panorama.

While disabling you get the option to locally save the Policies and Objects (Same for Device and Network Template) which then you can edit later.

Please do mark helpful/correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

I don't think you can. You will have to change it through Panorama

If my Panorama fails, and you need to change a rule created through the device group panorama, not is there any way for me to change a rule that was created in the panorama, and passed to firewall

If Panorama fails, then you can disable Panorama Policy and Objects Under Device > Setup > Panorama.

While disabling you get the option to locally save the Policies and Objects (Same for Device and Network Template) which then you can edit later.

Please do mark helpful/correct answers.

Bat,

Thanks. :smileygrin:

Wanted to know if i will need a panaroma for a single firewall.I am trying to replace 6 firewalls by 2 (cluster).Wanted to know if i can go with the Panorama on the virtual machine.But still in doubt if it would be of any use.But thinking of the future if we expand.Your thoughts on this would help.

Panorama is designed to be a central management for multiple firewalls.   Panorama can run as an appliance or as a virtual machine.  You purchase the method you prefer for your network.

With a single cluster the only real advantage you would get from Panorama is a greatly increased log capacity.  So you would be able to run Palo Alto native reports on a longer back period of data.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!