Panorama local logging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama local logging

L0 Member

Hi, 

we have a panorama which is not logging anything about system/data related to itself or the managed devices.

Can you please let me know why this could be the case?

I have logged into to the console SSH and typed 

show logging-status device * and I cannot see any counters or stats for any last log received, last log generated or last seq number

So far my search has not been fruiful as most PA articles refer to log forwarding . I need the local syslog to work and don't need any log forwarding functions

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi all,

If you want to have some logs in your panorama, you have to configure log fowarding stuff in your palo.

If you want to have syslog data, either your send all your log to both syslog server and panorama or logs are send to panorama then panorama sent them to syslog.

refer

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/61/panorama/panorama_adminguide/manage-log-collection...

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Forward-Firewall-Logs-from-Panora...

Hope help.

V.

the issue is not the Palo Alto firewalls.

It is the panorama. It does not do syslog or system logs for its local logging .

So If I look at the management dashboard and want to see logs of what has happened on the panorama it is not available.

I hope this makes sense

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!