Panorama - The Report that wouldnt end

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - The Report that wouldnt end

L3 Networker

We bought Panorama to have a platform to run reports on that wouldnt affect the load of the firewalls. I've noticed several reports will spin for ever. No matter how long I wait (I've left it for days just for fun) the report will never end. I've also tried making the criteria smaller in an effort to reduce how much processing needs to be done. Sometimes rebooting Panorama will help and the report will work for a while. 

Anyone else experience this ? I have a case open.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

PAN-OS 3.1 or PAN-OS 4.0?

The problem had to do with the format of my query, in summary, if you want to get specific with your query and eliminate certain hosts. Do it this way.

(risk-of-app eq 5) and (addr.src in '10.0.0.0/8') and not (addr.src in '10.10.5.199/32') and not (addr.src in '10.10.5.199/32')

Now I am scheduling report groups. I wish there was a TEST Now button. As it stands you can just choose a day to run the report. (Not a day and a time, just a day). I'll hack around the CLI and see if I can do it there. I wish there was some documentation on this reporting stuff. It's important to us.

Thanks,

Justin

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!