Panorama using Variables with DHCP server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama using Variables with DHCP server

L1 Bithead

Ciao,

I'm using variables in Panorama in order to use one Template for all firewall remote site deployment.

However in the DHCP server configuration I'm able to use variables as primary DNS server  (i'm usign PAN as DNS proxy).

Any Idea?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

@IarnoPagliani wrote:

However in the DHCP server configuration I'm able to use variables as primary DNS server  (i'm usign PAN as DNS proxy).

Ciao! Did you mean you are NOT able to use template variables in the DNS field of the DHCP server definition? I can use a template variable in the IP Pools field but not in the DNS Server field.

cIao,

yes you are right I'm NOT able to configure.....

Sorry for typing error.....

When I implemented these guest networks in many branch offices, with needed to use a local DNS for each of thme, it could be useful to use the variable even for DNS ip address in DHCP config.

Which version of Panorama are you using?  9.x expanded the use of variables and appears to have what you are looking for.  Is this what you are looking for?

dhcpDNS.PNG

@jeremy.larsen wrote:

Which version of Panorama are you using?  9.x expanded the use of variables and appears to have what you are looking for.  Is this what you are looking for?

Yes, thank you! I'm using 8.1 and there is no way to use variables in the DNS option of the DHCP server settings.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!