Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama

L0 Member

Just need to know is there a max size for a Panorama log file and if so what is that size, currently we are at 1.6TB and want to make sure we are not over the limit and into possible file corruption scenario

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @dttech 

Are you asking for the firewalllogs? Do you have a virtual panorama? Anyway, for the logs, the oldest ones simply get overwritten to store the new incoming logs. The capacity of 1.6TB is already the maximum per 2 TB disk. On these 1.6TB the logs will be stored as you define it in the logquotas. The other ~400GB are raw logs, but these cannot be accessed and actually are logs which are stored in an "old" format prior to be indexed in the new format in the remaining 1.6TB.

The maximum of log capacity on a virtual panorama in panorama mode or a virtual log collector is 2x2TB (usable space is 12x1.6TB=19.2TB).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @dttech 

Are you asking for the firewalllogs? Do you have a virtual panorama? Anyway, for the logs, the oldest ones simply get overwritten to store the new incoming logs. The capacity of 1.6TB is already the maximum per 2 TB disk. On these 1.6TB the logs will be stored as you define it in the logquotas. The other ~400GB are raw logs, but these cannot be accessed and actually are logs which are stored in an "old" format prior to be indexed in the new format in the remaining 1.6TB.

The maximum of log capacity on a virtual panorama in panorama mode or a virtual log collector is 2x2TB (usable space is 12x1.6TB=19.2TB).

Hi Vsys_Remo,

Thank you for your response! Just so you have an idea of our current setup, this is a power plant that has 4 separate locations within a 7.5 mile radius. There are 2 firewalls at each location for redundancy totaling 8 Palo Alto Firewalls. All the log files go to a mapped drive on the DC which is increasing in size every day (Currently 1.66TB now). I currently am down to 20% free disk space but have another 6TB of unallocated disk space so I can expand the drive when needed. What I am understanding from your post is that my current file size is fine with room to grow. I will check the retention settings on the log files but with my current scenario what would be your recommendation for the retention settings? Please let me know.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!