PBF e-mail notification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PBF e-mail notification

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's a way to have a notification e-mail sent when PBF kicks in?  We had a hiccup on our Internet circuit and PBF worked flawlessy... so well though that I wasn't really aware of the circuit issue until the next day when I was troubleshooting something else related to the hiccup.  There are probably a few different ways that I can monitor and alert but I was just wondering if having the PA firewall send a notification e-mail is one of them.

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

You can forward the logs to a syslog server and then parse it for the pbf rule and run a script then sends you an email when it sees the pbf rule.

We cannot achieve this on the PAN itself.

Thanks for the reply.  Ok... I may give that a try.

-Dave

Has there been any updates to allow this type of notification directly from the firewall itself rather than use an external log parser?  This has come up a number of time recently for us and it would be a great addition to have a "notify" option/feature on pbf rule triggers.

Thanks,

Steve

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

While you may not be able to set an email alert on the policy when its hit, how about a system parameter? If the interface goes down for example.

I used to do this for HA events.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Configure-Email-Alerts-for-System...

Just a thought.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!