PBF monitor behavior not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PBF monitor behavior not working

L1 Bithead

Hello, i'm configuring two PBF in order to isolate traffic between two destinations servers on two different ISP (without fail-over).

I have configured the PBFs with a monitor profile with Wait Recover option enabled.

I see that the traffic is being properly splitted by the PBFs,  but when I simulate an ISP failure the traffic of the failing ISP passes to the other ISP instead of drop until the failing ISP recovers, what am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Removed

Solution see below from @OtakarKlier

I tried with no monitor profile first, and the result was the same. After that I've tried enabling the monitor prof.

Hello,

Leave the monitor on and make sure the check box for 'Disable the rule if nexthop/monitor ip is unreachable' is not checked. Also do not enter a Next Hop IP.

Regards,

I've also tried that and didn't work. Is any kind of "permanent static route" like in cisco's routers?

Hello,

If the PBF rule is set to monitor and then disable, the packets will take the route of another PBF rule, if there is one, or the virtual router. PBF rules take place prior to the Virtual Routers so that is where it might be using hte routes. As stated previously, make sure the PBF rules is not set to disalbe.

Regards,

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!