please explain "show system resources" output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

please explain "show system resources" output

L2 Linker

12-9-2555 20-18-16.png

hi, could anyone explain me what each result means or can I find a technote ?

thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

it's 'top'.  Just like on any linux box.

Add the term 'follow' to the end, 'show system resources follow', and you getting a running view of the CPU.  I assume it only shows CPU, memory, swap and processes for the control plane.

After you've executed the command with the 'follow' attribute, you can interact with it; just like top on a linux box.  press 'h' for help.

's' and then '1' to speed of the refresh.  Capital 'P' to sort the process list by CPU usage.  '1' to expose the multicores on the CPU(s) header.

and 'q' to quit.

I tell ya.. I'm likin' this box more and more everyday..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

it's 'top'.  Just like on any linux box.

Add the term 'follow' to the end, 'show system resources follow', and you getting a running view of the CPU.  I assume it only shows CPU, memory, swap and processes for the control plane.

After you've executed the command with the 'follow' attribute, you can interact with it; just like top on a linux box.  press 'h' for help.

's' and then '1' to speed of the refresh.  Capital 'P' to sort the process list by CPU usage.  '1' to expose the multicores on the CPU(s) header.

and 'q' to quit.

I tell ya.. I'm likin' this box more and more everyday..

L4 Transporter

Hello,

As mentioned by Gary, it is just similar to a linux box.

This command is used to monitor processes running on the management plane.

The Columns in the output mean the following:-

PID is the process ID of the process

%CPU is the management plane CPU usage

%MEM is the physical Memory usage (RES)

VIRT -- The total virtual memory usgae:  Virtual Image (kb)

VIRT == SWAP + RES.

TIME  is the CPU Time a task has used since it is started.

TIME+ is the CPU Time reflecting more granularity. (hundredths of a second.)

COMMAND will show all the deaomons running over the management plane and its memory/CPU utilization

Regards

Parth

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!