Possible to both block and upload files to WF in same file blocking profile ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Possible to both block and upload files to WF in same file blocking profile ?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have a lot of traffic that are blocked by company policy saying NO to downloaded .exe and dll.

At the same point it would be very useful to scan and test the blocked files.

Wil this be possible by making a profile like this:

WF-2.PNG

Or is it another way of doing this.

Regards

Stig E Bakke

DataEquipment

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

I have tried this with the following config where the for the exe,zip files I have set the action to be both block and continue forward in the same profile.

tt.PNG

Now when I tried to download exe, it seems like the exe files are getting blocked but nothing gets forwarded to the wildfire.

Once workaround that you can try is you can set the action to the "continue and forward" this way the files will be forwarded to the wildfire and user will be given a continue page. Now instead of giving the users "file-blocking continue page" present them with a file-blocking page. This can be done by exporting the file-blocking page and re importing it into the the "file-blocking continue page " (objects-->response pages).

Again its just a workaround.

Sandeep

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

I have tried this with the following config where the for the exe,zip files I have set the action to be both block and continue forward in the same profile.

tt.PNG

Now when I tried to download exe, it seems like the exe files are getting blocked but nothing gets forwarded to the wildfire.

Once workaround that you can try is you can set the action to the "continue and forward" this way the files will be forwarded to the wildfire and user will be given a continue page. Now instead of giving the users "file-blocking continue page" present them with a file-blocking page. This can be done by exporting the file-blocking page and re importing it into the the "file-blocking continue page " (objects-->response pages).

Again its just a workaround.

Sandeep

L2 Linker

Has anyone come up with a good solution for this?  The work around would work, just wondering if anyone else came up with something.

L1 Bithead

I've filed a feature request for thisa while ago. The workaround should work, but i'd rather have the box DL the file, send it to Wildfire and delete it (not sending it to the user), if necessary.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!