pre-stage changes in Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

pre-stage changes in Panorama

L1 Bithead

Is there a good way to pre-stage changes using Panorama? Sometimes I have needs to make a rather complex set of changes in various areas, but I don't want to commit them to the firewall for days or even weeks. Is there a good way to handle this? I know that in version 8.0.x of Panorama, that I can commit all changes or just my changes. I can imagine putting in my pre-staged changes under one account, and then doing day to day changes under another account. That would allow my to somewhat segregate my changes so that things didn't get committed to the firewall until I am ready. This seems far from ideal, and not a very good oeprational practice. I have also needed to do this when I was working on changes and a high priority change needed to be made. I had another admin make the high priority change so that my other changes didn't get committed before I was ready. Is there a better way?

Right now I am considering making my safe changes now, and then schedule working on my more drastic changes to just before I need to put them into place.

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker
Hi mate,

Have a look at ‘stacks’ on panorama. Neat way to manage n reuse objects, device templates. There’s an order of precedence in stacks, highest wins always. If ye structure the stacks right ye could make many changes to lower down stack not effecting the running config on end devices, that at yer leisure bump your stack and push to device(s)
A test /lab device is worth 2 engineers.
The edu-220 covers stacks n there’s plenty of docs on the live community..

(Higher stack wins for multiple similar entries, dns , ntp , etc)

Hope that helps,

R

Interesting. I will need to check that out, especially if I add more devices.

I am getting into template stacks mroe now, as I am planning a rollout of many cookie cutter devices. Swapping stack order still seems like a good way to get myself confused, which is a good way to get into trouble. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!