problem downloading ms-updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

problem downloading ms-updates

Not applicable

Hi,

I am having problems downloading ms updates, as i have configured policies allowing users out going to microsoft, but when responding with updates, microsoft seems to be using som other websites, which seems to get blocked on the way back in, as the original destination (microsoft) has changed to some other site. is there anyway to fix this, i have attached a screenshot of the error. note, the drops are from outside, coming to inside (the response to a users download request from microsoft).

Please advice

Cheers

Bhav

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Please see a sample request to ms update from the user attached.

Hello,

Via the egress filter, are you permitting access to specific IP's, along with the ms-update application? If you are ACL'ing access via IP as well as Application, then content for updates hosted on various CDN's (Content Delivery Networks), i.e. Akamai, etc... will be blocked unless IP's/subnets are added to the ACL. (though CDN IP’s are typically dynamic as well with servers hosting content responding based on lowest latency, etc…)

Regards,

Bryan

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!