Query concerning attaching a wifi AP to a PA firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Query concerning attaching a wifi AP to a PA firewall

Not applicable

Hi,

I wonder if somebody can help me with a query I have.     We plan to setup a PA firewall (200) at one of our remote sites.  We want to give them the ability to have guest wifi access throught the PA.   Is it possible to connect an AP directly to the ethernet ports of the PA?   If so, has anybody any experience of doing this and what hardware products did they use?

I have experience of the Cisco AP aironet and WLC controllers but this is seen as overkill for this new office.

REgards,

Phil Doyle

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hi

Of course You can do that. But first think how to authenticate users on WiFi - PAN gives You Captive Portal option (do You want to give them anonymous access?)

I'm using Mikrotik hardware, and I do authentication on Captive Portal in Radius server.

You can directly connect to PA200 or use VLAN and you switches that You already have. Maybe this switches has PoE function so You can plug AP's directly to switches without additional power supplies (I recomend PoE)

P.S. sorry for my bad english ...

Regards

SLawek

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!