"Release Notes" now require a username/password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"Release Notes" now require a username/password

L1 Bithead

On my PA-2050 (version 3.1.4 - two boxes in an HA pair) under Dynamic Updates, for just the two Antivirus listings, when I click on Release Notes, a pop-up window tells me "The server updates.paloaltonetworks.com at updates.paloaltonetworks.com requires a username and password."  The Release Notes for the Application and Threats listings both come up without issue.  It has worked up until this week.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?  Thanks --

Craig

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

The issue is probably caused by our recent migration to a CDN for content updates which requires access to cdn.paloaltonetworks.com. We will be falling back to the original topology later this evening due to some proxy issues, so if you wait a few hours, you should have access to the release notes without taking any action.

Nancy Rice

Technical Support

Palo Alto Networks

1-866-898-9087

Nancy,

I was encouraged by your answer.  This morning, though, after installing A&T version 204-707 and Antivirus version 292-355 I am still not able to view the Release Notes for the two AntiVirus updates.  A popup window still asks for the username/password.

Craig

The fallback did occur so this is not expected behavior. Please contact your support provider for troubleshooting.

Hi Nancy-san,

A similar event keeps occurring in the customer in Japan as of September 29.

Though Nancy-san says that it already returned to former state

(The Antivirus release notes can be access without any additional login)
by the fallback of the system.

Could you check present status again?

If a special procedure is necessary for me to solve this problem, could you teach the procedure method?

Akira Hayashi
Japan SE
Palo Alto Networks

You shouldn't be required to put in a password.  Please contact your support provider to troubleshoot the issue.

Hi Nancy-san,

Thank you for reply.

I'll inquires to the support about this problem.

Thanks,

Akira

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!