I'm looking at an old version 7 PA3000 which uses a user-id agent to map users (active directory) to IP addresses.
When i log onto the firewall CLI a "show user ip-user-mapping-mp all" command returns what looks to be a valid list of user mappings. However 90% of the traffic log entries have 'source user' blank. There doesnt seem to be a reason why the remaining 10% are displaying correctly. Some clients from a given subnet passing through a rule are identified and others arent. Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!