Received conflicting ARP on interface ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Received conflicting ARP on interface ethernet

L2 Linker

Hi all, after exporting the old config from my old pa500 to the 820, I had an old interface that was for my  wifi vlan, that used to be a physical int on the 500 but I needed to remove it since now the 820 only has 4 ethernet ports, I reset it as a sub-int on the 820, but now I'm getting this message "Received conflicting ARP on interface ethernet1/1.60 indicating duplicate IP 172.16.xx.xx, sender mac 58:49:3b:a0:a6:14"

I could not find where this mac address is, we still have our old unifi system that was in the wifi vlan, but I shutdown the ssg pro4, and only have an old acpro that's not in that vlan anymore, I cleared all the switches arp's and somehow this mysterious mac address keeps popping up on one of the switches and is showing up on the pa820 logs. Anyone seem this before or have any ideas, thanks in advanced.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

That mac address is a PAN address. If you do a the following command via cli, it should show you which interface the mac belongs to:

show mac all

Also since it was a wifi vlan, what devie is doing the DHCP for the clients? Does the PAN need to be setup as a relay?

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I could be off base, but have you cleared the arp cache from the switch?

Regards,

Thanks for the response, yes I cleared arp on my 2 catalyst switches, and on the pa820 as well through cli, also it keeps showing an incomplete address for my wifi vlan address of 172.16.60.xx on the 820, I have an open ticket with support but they can't seem to figure it out too. Should I try and remove the sub interface to see if the messages goes away

That mac address is a PAN address. If you do a the following command via cli, it should show you which interface the mac belongs to:

show mac all

Also since it was a wifi vlan, what devie is doing the DHCP for the clients? Does the PAN need to be setup as a relay?

Regards,

Hi otakar,

Yes I did show mac all on the 820 it showed nothing, but when I do sh arp eth1/1.60 it shows the ip of my cisco svi int that's connected to the 820 sub-int. But the message about the arp ip conflict still shows on the system log, this started when I removed the physical int for that ip and made it into a sub-int.

About the dhcp, I'm using the built in dhcp on my aruba iap

Another thing, that mac address also shows up on one of my cisco sg300 switch that's on another bulding, I had our old unifi ap hooked up to that switch before, I took it down already and tried to clear the arp table on the switch as well.

Figured it out, our old pa500 was still hooked up on the core switch, your right it was a pan mac address, it was int1/5 of the pa500, I unplugged it and the messages went away. Can't believe I missed that 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!