Recommended software releases?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Recommended software releases?

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I looked around, and I was wondering if Palo Alto has a similar "recommended software" as other vendors do where depending on the hardware there is a specific version of software, or is everyone just updating their firewalls as the new PanOS versions are released?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

3.1.7 has been readily available for the last 3 1/2 weeks or thereabouts. Outside of the benign warning message after commits, it's been rather stable. In addition, I'd recommend upgrading from 3.1.3 due to some known bugs in that version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

I do look for the new updates weekly but I wait another week before deploying now to see what if any issues others are having with it first.

Sounds good to me, I'm familiar with creating the policies, but overall new to PanOS and planning my first upgrade tonight from 3.1.3 to 3.1.7 on a couple of 4020's

The online documentation looks pretty solid and the upgrade seems straight forward.

3.1.7 has been readily available for the last 3 1/2 weeks or thereabouts. Outside of the benign warning message after commits, it's been rather stable. In addition, I'd recommend upgrading from 3.1.3 due to some known bugs in that version.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!