Replacing 3020HA to 3220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Replacing 3020HA to 3220

L0 Member

Getting ready to replace a 3020 HA - Active/Standby to a single 3220.

Looking to see what the best steps to take and if there are any gotchas I should be on the lookout for.

Logic tells me; Make sure both are on the same OS code, export the running-config from the 3020, then import into the 3220 and see if I get any validation errors and test away.

I do have the migration tool loaded and can also run the config through that but looking for any real world advice/confirmation, tools only do what they are told.

Also is there any way to get a trial vm still, do I need to hunt down my channel/se contact?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Logic tells me; Make sure both are on the same OS code, export the running-config from the 3020, then import into the 3220 and see if I get any validation errors and test away.

Correct; this is generally the path that most people take. I would recommend following this process but add a step with into your testing and validation of performing configuration cleanup. Go through your rulebase and remove anything not actively being utilized, cleanup objects, that sort of stuff. This is a great time to really go through your configuration and perform any needed cleanup.

I do have the migration tool loaded and can also run the config through that but looking for any real world advice/confirmation, tools only do what they are told.

I wouldn't use the migration for something this simple unless you were really going through and rebuilding the configuration or something like that. There's no reason to overcomplicate a process when you don't need to.

Also is there any way to get a trial vm still, do I need to hunt down my channel/se contact?

Assuming that you are looking for a trial of a vm-series firewall, just reach out to your account team/SE and put in the request. They will be able to generate some temporary licenses for you to place around with. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!