restrict global protect vpn based on mac address

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

restrict global protect vpn based on mac address

L4 Transporter

Could you please assist me how to allow specific mac address while connecting global protect vpCn

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Dear svelez,

Thanks

Mac addess is change in every hop and also user using LDAP so how it's possible to using block list.

Moreover Or suggest me how to restrict few pc or users id not to login from any other system except specify the whitelisted pc which suppose to login using provided vpn id, is this a way to control through HIPS? 

Hey Joshan,

Global Protect assigns a unique Host ID to identify each host. This ID value varies depending on the device type.

• Windows—Machine GUID stored in the Windows registry (HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\MachineGuid)
  • macOS—MAC address of the first built-in physical network interface
  • Android—Android ID
  • iOS—UDID
  • Chrome—GlobalProtect assigned a unique alphanumeric string with a length of 32 characters

The document on my first comment will show you how to find this Host ID, however, it's still a Block List. 

If you want to allow just a few workstations, have you considered using certificates? You can create a root CA on the Paloalto and use it to create device certificates. This will be alongside your existing authentication method, in this case, LDAP.

You can also distribute the certificates via a Group Policy.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/9-1/globalprotect-admin/authentication/set-up-client...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!