Retrieve "User Group" using RADIUS attributes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve "User Group" using RADIUS attributes

L1 Bithead

Hello Team,

I have configured a RADIUS connection with FortiAuthenticator to implement multi-factor authentication (MFA). Within FortiAuthenticator, I created two user groups: an ADMIN group and a USER group. My objective is to set security policies on our Palo Alto firewall using these Group IDs.

Despite configuring the RADIUS attribute (user groups) in FortiAuthenticator, I am unable to retrieve these groups on the Palo Alto firewall. There are no specific error messages, but the groups do not appear as expected.

has anyone successfully configured a similar setup and can provide insights or steps that worked for them?

Thank you for your support.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ayoubAitkhouya,

You'll want to look into the RADIUS VSA called PaloAlto-User-Group and enable the 'Retrieve User Group' option in the RADIUS authentication profile to get this to function properly. This KB HERE gives you the various VSAs that you'll need to utilize to get the group and admin information to actually get pulled from RADIUS.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!