Route internet traffic per source subnet to two different Internet Links

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Route internet traffic per source subnet to two different Internet Links

L2 Linker

Hi

I will connect a new Internet link to firewall "so I will have two internet links" and want to load internet traffic over both links based on the source subnet, and want both links to be backup for each others, how I can configure this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

PBF should work for you

Please share a configuration sample

Whats missing is that I need both internet links to be backup for each others "for the all internet traffic", in-case one of them was down.

and if both were up then each link must carry certain source subnets.

Now through PBF I can force some source subnet to be routed through the second link, but what if this link goes down...

@myasin,

You can toss a monitoring rule on that PBF so that it's disabled should one of your links go down.

Great...
So please correct me if I am wrong;
Again our target is to use the first link for almost all traffic, and the second link for one subnet.
If the second link goes down then this subnet must use first link, and if the first link goes down then all traffic must use the second link.

What I am going to do;
Assign all interfaces to the default vrouter, and configure two default routes with different metrics (first link is prefered).
And configure PBF for the selected subnet to be routed through the second link, and configure monitoring for this PBF.

Is this going to work?

Thanks
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!