RTSP Video feed - possible NAT rewrite problem with Video Camera?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

RTSP Video feed - possible NAT rewrite problem with Video Camera?

L1 Bithead

I've been trying for a few days to get this Pelco Spectra Enhanced video camera to feed RTSP to a re-enconding web service (Wowza.com). I'm able to pull up the feed fine through the VLC application, but when trying to feed to this service, I don't get the video. I'm using a Bi-Directional Static Source Address translation NAT policy and have also attempted the application over-ride instructions on the only RTSP article here with no luck.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Video-Streaming-is-Not-Working/ta-p/56494

I've used inbound application rtsp and also service port 554/udp and 554/tcp which both allow the inbound connection to be made when I start the initiation from Wowza to pull the rtsp feed, but am seeing something that appears odd to me when looking at the traffic going back out from the internal camera IP to the Wowza server. I see the NAT Source as the internal IP and ingress and egress as the internal sub interface and no data received for rtp and rtp-base. I'm still learning about rtsp but judging by the amunt of data being sent, I'm assuming this is the video. I'm wondering if this is my issue and the camera is not NAT aware and if so, are there any work arounds? Thanks!

Outbound RTP - NAT

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

I've found that I get the same type of entries in the logs when I open VLC on my home system and pull the rtsp feed which works and returns the RTCP and RTP-Base connections . The only obvious difference I see are that the "To Port" number of the RTP-Base traffic is in the 50,000 + range using vlc and when trying to pull from Wowza, its in the 6900 range. Not sure what to blame here, the camera, Wowza's system or the PAN which I really need to rule out.

Here I see the RTP-Base sessions to Wowza start up but then disappear after about 30 seconds. If I stream from my own system I see rtp-base call back from the camera to my home public IP and stays active.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ID Application State Type Flag Src[Sport]/Zone/Proto (translated IP[Port])
Vsys Dst[Dport]/Zone (translated IP[Port])
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
169932 rtp-base ACTIVE FLOW NS 172.16.113.10[51988]/CDAGolf_Carts/17 (172.16.113.10[51988])
vsys1 52.24.117.148[7006]/Untrust-TW_L3 (52.24.117.148[7006])
60934 rtp-base ACTIVE FLOW NS 172.16.113.10[39250]/CDAGolf_Carts/17 (172.16.113.10[39250])
vsys1 52.24.117.148[7008]/Untrust-TW_L3 (52.24.117.148[7008])

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!