Security policy to allow YouTube

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Security policy to allow YouTube

L3 Networker

Hi,

I have a security policy that allow 4 application: facebook, linkedin, twitter and youtube. There is no URL filtering applied, and 3 applications work fine, but youtube does not. the traffic bypasses to another policy below that had URL filtering and which blocks streaming.

If no URL filtering is applied, should not I be able to go to www.youtube.com when hitting the policy allowing the 4 applications?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello,

It should not block, if you have configured the security policy with application " YouTube". Could you please let us know from Monitor >> Traffic logs : While the traffic is hitting the second rule, what application it is showing..?

Is the first security policy is pretty open, i.e Source=any, destination =any, Application= acebook, linkedin, twitter and youtube and Service= Any, Action permit...?

Thanks

The first policy is open: Source=any, destination =any, Application= acebook, linkedin, twitter and youtube and Service= Any, Action allow;

The traffic hits the rule, but application is "incomplete" and when looking at URL filtering, it show as blocked by the second rule where streaming-media is blocked;

Thank you.

L3 Networker

This is what the Traffic log shows:

traffic.JPG.jpg\

and this is what the URL filtering log shows:

URL LOG.JPG.jpg

These are the two policies:

POLICY.JPG.jpg

the first one allowing the applications, including youtube and no URL filtering applied. the second one has a URL filter applied, which blocks streaming. But, the application should be allowed by the first policy and I should be able to access www.youtube.com.

Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!