Security Policy to block Dropbox

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Security Policy to block Dropbox

I have created a security policy to block Dropbox traffic, but so far it is not working. In my policy I have chosen:

Source:     Destination Zone:     User:                    Destination Address:                                        Application:          Service:          Action;

trust          untrust                      Me (as a test)      dropbox.com, compute-1.amazonaws.com      DropBox               Any                 Deny

Am I missing something?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Solved. I changed the destination address to "any". That was the ticket.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

What are the IPs listed in the destination address? Please look at your traffic log which indicates allow for dropbox and make sure to include the destination IPs in the destination address. I would rather leave this address as 'any'. When you see the traffic passing through, is it allowed through the rule that is above the deny rule?

I have found the IP range from the logs and added them as the destination instead. When I look at the logs my rule which is 2nd from the top is passed by and an Internet access rule further donw my list is the one allowing Dropbox access out. So my rule is being bypassed.

I am stumped at why my rule is being ignored.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Solved. I changed the destination address to "any". That was the ticket.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!