Shared object in Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Shared object in Panorama

L2 Linker

After we upgraded our Panorama from 10.0.3 to 10.2.2-h2.

When we go to commit to panorama we see no pending change to commit,

However when we go to push to devices - we see a shared object over there in the push scope, but there is nothing present in this when we click on it or try to view this.

Also when we try to edit selection, we see the templates and the device groups of our panorama and when we click on preview changes - we don't see any difference or modification done. When we push to devices, it completes successfully, however, we still see this shared object present when we try to check in push to devices option again.

Is this shared object expected or are we missing something?

Param_Upadhyay_0-1664904295657.png

@Didar_Bajwa 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Param_Upadhyay

the issue you reported looks like related to bug addressed in PAN-OS 10.2.5.

PAN-206391
Fixed an issue where shared objects were seen under the push scope with every configuration push.

Corresponding KB article: Shared-object is displayed under push scope with every push in Panorama WebUI 

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi @Param_Upadhyay ,

I would check the config audit (Panorama -> Config Audit) to double-check what changes or if any changes have been made. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

Has anyone else seen/resolved this? We are seeing this in our environment after an upgrade from 10.1.3-h1 to 10.2.3-h4 and the issues persists through an upgrade to 10.2.4. No changes showing in config audit. 

L2 Linker

is norm that the shared object appear as I monitor version 11.0 also having this share object. me myself category it as cosmetic defect which I will ignore.

from version 10.2 onward you will face another issue which is sometimes failed to commit by to use "Push commit make by xxx" and require to push all changes not make by you.
To avoid such issue make sure the previous user commit to device to avoid unnecessary miss configure

L1 Bithead

Anyone find a solution to this? I'm experiencing this now as well with the upgrade to version 11.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Param_Upadhyay

the issue you reported looks like related to bug addressed in PAN-OS 10.2.5.

PAN-206391
Fixed an issue where shared objects were seen under the push scope with every configuration push.

Corresponding KB article: Shared-object is displayed under push scope with every push in Panorama WebUI 

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!