Software upgrades hotfixes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Software upgrades hotfixes

L1 Bithead

1) I am planning to upgrade to 11.0.1 but I also see a 11.0.1-h2 - which one should I upgrade to (I'm on currently on 10.2.3) ?

2) On the support pages under software updates I'm filtered on 'PAN-OS for VM-Series'. Will this give me correct installation files for AWS EC2 ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Good Day

Please bookmark this article, which TAC uses for providing info about their recommended versions.
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/support-pan-os-software-release-guidance/ta-...
For 11.x this is what it states:

11.0.1-h2
Preferred for Nova platforms (PA-415/445, PA-1410/1420 & PA-5440). Still monitoring for all other platforms.

As for the correct AWS version,  you may not get incremental versions.  I am suggesting you install AWS 11.0 and then upgrade to the appropriate minor version that you want.

Thanks.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L1 Bithead

That makes it sound like I should stay on 10.2.3 because mine is running on AWS EC2 ?

'Still monitoring for other platforms' should that stop me from upgrading ? I assume 11.0.1-h2 fixes issues that were encountered with 11.0.1 ?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello again

If you read the 11.x release notes and there are features that required for your company, then by all means, please upgrade.
Are you upgrading for a specific reason?

For me, I am also a ProServices engineer, and I have all my customers at 10.2.3, until we get closer to 11.0.5 software, and then I will have them upgrade.

It is completely a personal reason. 

"If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it   :P"

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!