Some users have pre-populated usernames in global protect VPN client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Some users have pre-populated usernames in global protect VPN client

L0 Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.  There are about 3 users that I know of that are having user credentials pre-populated in global protect that are incorrect for the VPN login.  We can't seem to clear this, and even if we do a restart, the credentials are populated automatically.  I've tried registry tweaks, taking the global protect out of startup, clearing credential manager.  I've run out of ideas.  Even being able to clear it would be better, but not the best solution.  Also, I don't know why it's only happening on certain machines.  Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodney

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Rodney, Hi.

I have never seen this issue but for there  was an earlier post regarding the storage of usernames but for a different reason...

at that time my saved credentials were in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\Settings\(portal address)\LatestCP.

recent posts seem to mention cred manager but i have a new laptop with v5 GP and it's still in reg under LatestCP as per screen shot below.....

latestcp.png

L1 Bithead

Did you solve this problem? I'm having this same issue. My full name gets populated instead of the correct username. 

I don't have this LatestCP file at all. I'm on a Mac with GlobalProtect version 5.2.20-6.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@redion,

On a Mac you should have an entry in your Plist file under /Library/Preferences/com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.settings.plist. I don't have the ability to cache credentials enabled on any of my lab equipment at the moment to verify the key that will be present, but you should see the string value with the username that's being picked up. 

I did try this already and my `/Library/Preferences/com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.settings.plist` file does not contain any string matching my username. This is what I see there (screenshot). Maybe I have to adjust some of these yes/no settings on here? However, they all get overwritten to their defaults as soon as I log in manually to the vpn.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.31.52 AM.png

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!