Split tunnel VPN inclusion rule - traffic dropped

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Split tunnel VPN inclusion rule - traffic dropped

L1 Bithead

Hello Community,

I need to allow traffic to come down the VPN tunnel rather than the Split Tunnel.
I have addred a VPN tunnel inclusion rule on the GlobalProtect Gateways as described in this article:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/newfeaturesguide/globalprotect-features/spl...

The logs shows that one of the destination is "allow" with aged-out, the second is dropped.
To me it seems like some routing issue, but I just don't know why this is dropped by the firewall since there is inclusion?
I am sure I am missing something ... 

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

It's now resolved.
It turns out that firewall rule was missing. (I wasn't the one who did the initial implementation)
I've thought it's a lot more complex nitty-gritty, but in the end it all comes to firewall rule.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Can you provide screenshot of the log?

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

It's now resolved.
It turns out that firewall rule was missing. (I wasn't the one who did the initial implementation)
I've thought it's a lot more complex nitty-gritty, but in the end it all comes to firewall rule.  

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!